Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

We Bought a House!

A HOUSE is made of bricks and beams.  A HOME is made of hopes and dreams.

Here's to hopes and dreams and making our house more like a home!  We've been talking about buying a house for a while, but I am very stubborn with my criteria, the biggest obstacles being, I wanted a specific school district, I didn't want KK to leave the school district he attends and the other obstacle being our price range.  So we searched and looked online at houses.  I was totally fine with that and would have been for a while because I like to move slowly with big things like this, I like to take my time and make sure we're making the right decision because I tend to freak out with big purchases.  When I say freak out, I mean, I nearly had a panic attack when I bought a phone for $200+.  But Mr H. is NOT the type to just sit and wait for me to be ready, because I'm usually never ready.


So we looked at some houses and the search began.  It was hard to find houses that met MY criteria and I KNOW that it frustrated Mr H. but this is how I felt about it.  We would find a house that looked perfect only to find out that it had sold right before we could see it.  Some had A LOT of fixing up, I don't mind fixing a bit, but not gutting the whole house.  Finally we found one that could potentially be what we were looking for.  It was in the same school district, within our price range, AND about a half mile from my parents.  I know, most people try to move far away from their parents, but not us...

We toured the house and saw things that needed to be fixed, little things though...east to do.  We felt good about the house and started preparation with the inspection, there were some things that needed to be changed, fixed, and/or modified to the house.  Everything that we wanted was pretty much done or worked with us on.


On St. Patrick's day, a lucky day it was, we signed all of the papers to make this house our home.  On Tuesday, since Mr H. didn't have night classes and I wasn't working, we decided to go and take a look at the house and just take it all in.  When we walked inside, we saw some cookies and a card on the counter.  They were from the previous owner, the card was addressed to "New Homeowners" and in it was a hand written letter which read:

New Homeowners

A little history on this home.

My dear Aunt Alice lived here for about 50 years.  She was the most caring and loving person I have ever know.  I miss her so much.  While in this house (even though she had no kids of her own) she spent most of those years helping to raise her nieces and great niece.  We loved going to her house.  She made us feel so welcome.  Just though you'd like to know.  I believe she'd always watch out for kids here.

My daughter and her husband stayed here while she was pregnant and then for almost a year after "Lauren Alice" was born.  My daughter named her child after Alice because she was always such an inspiration in her life.

I'll always remember this house as one of really good memories in my life.  Lots of happy times and lots of love.

Good Luck in your new home.
Becky Borgerding

I was very sweet and very kind of her to write that note and let us know of the love that was spread inside of this home and I hope that it will continue.  I'm excited to call this MY OWN and not have to worry about anyone telling us what we can and cannot do, we can have a garage sale whenever we want, we have a huge yard for the kids to play around in.

It's been an emotional roller coaster for me, just ask Mr H.  I have been having a hard time with all of these major life changing events happening that I feel that I need time to just breathe.  Am I excited about this house, yes...do I show it, no...there's just too much on my plate right now and I think that I will slowly start to feel more excited as we adjust to our new home.  But if you ask those same questions to Mr. H, it would be yes to both.  He is super excited about the house and he shows it!



2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congrats! I live just 1/2 mile from my parents too, somewhere I NEVER thought I would be but it's great. It's such a huge decision and glad to see it's all working out. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...