Sunday, May 5, 2013

Change of Pace

This week has been nice change of pace, not worrying about a schedule or homework/studying.  I have been focusing on getting my life and house in order.  We are planning on a family vacation to Disney World in the middle of May and there is nothing worse than coming back from vacation to a messy home.  So, room-by-room I have been spring cleaning and I will tell you's so much harder to do pregnant.  I'm getting to the point where I have a hard time getting up off the floor and it's super hard to bend down to pick things up because of my hips/pelvis.  So, it's been a very slow process with LOTS of breaks.  I finally did get KK's room cleaned and toys moved out.  We've decided that KK won't be able to keep his toys in his room because we need to set up the crib and other baby things in there.  So a couple months ago Mr H. and I donated our couch and loveseat to Goodwill so we could convert the living room into KK's playroom.  So far the living room is a mess.  I need to go through KK's toys again and toss out the broken and yucky toys...He has SO many toys and things to play with!  He's spoiled rotten.

This week I got my hair dyed and cut.  It's like an auburn brown....I LOVE IT!
Rachel, Brenda, and I
This week I was also one of four bridemaids in a wedding for a great friend whom I met in my Nursing classes.  Her wedding was "May the 4th be with you!"  When she had asked me to be a bridesmaid, I was NOT pregnant and when I did find out I was pregnant I was afraid that she may not want me in the wedding because it might be hard.  She told me that the decision was up to me and I still wanted to be in it.  She picked out very pretty dresses that complemented everyone and that looked good despite the baby bump.  I was excited to support her on her awesome wedding day...and it was so much fun to watch people with one too many drinks in them.  And I was also able to see a lot of friends from my Nursing track.

Coming home from the wedding my mom texted to tell me that KK's tummy had been hurting and that he pretty bad diarrhea.  I called and talked to KK and asked if he wanted me to come get him and he did so even though it was very late and we were tired we went to go get KK from my parents.  By the time we got there he was sleeping.  When we got home Mr H. laid him in our bed while we got KK's sheets made (they had been washed but I hadn't put them on his bed).  KK asked if I could sleep with him, and how could I say no to my sick baby boy!?  So Mr H. decided to sleep in KK's room with Zero and I laid down with KK in my room.  We were up A LOT last night with his problem.  So we didn't even wake up in the morning until 10am!  KK seems to feel a little better today, he still has diarrhea, but a warm bath took care of his crampy tummy.

This week, we will be getting ready for our trip and I hope that I will continue to be able to blog about it...but something is telling me that I will be too tired each day...but there should be lots of pictures once we come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...