Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday KK

I cannot believe that I have a 5 year old! I remember being in the hospital, very sore and very out of it, thinking, I don't feel like a mom. I still do not feel like a mom and feel like I am just babysitting for a very long time.

This was the very first picture taken of both of us. After I was in the triage room from the C-section and on my way to being moved to the recovery room I asked for my baby and someone laid him down next to me. My mouth and lips were dry, I was in a lot of pain, and I couldn't open my eyes. As I was being moved, I tried opening my eyes and saw a man in the hallway, he was probably someone's husband or brother waiting for a baby to be born, but I couldn't focus and my eyes rolled in the back of my head and my lids were forced shut, so I didn't try fighting it and kept my eyes closed. Once we were wheeled to the recovery room, I think my mom took KK, and I was asked to move from the operating bed to the recovery bed. So I tried to sit up and move and I had the most horrible pain from the incision that I had to lay back down and the nurses had to move me...it was so painful! But after being moved to that soft recovery bed, I held KK all day long and just thought of how I was so lucky to have this little one in my life and the feeling is just as strong, if not stronger, today!

For the first half of the day, KK was with with X, and I was able to spend from 4pm on with him. X and girlfriend got KK a magnetic track where the car goes upside down without falling, it was pretty neat. I got KK a bag full of lemons. Yes...he loves lemons with lots of sugar. He was pretty stoked and didn't want to wait for dinner.



I wanted to make him a special birthday dinner, he chose to have steak, pasta roni, and broccoli with cheese. He only ate the broccoli and pasta, which doesn't surprise me.

After dinner, G went to mutual, and Mr H., KK, and I went to see some lights that are right in our backyard. We walked around and rode a carriage, rode some carnival rides, and looked at lights. We walked home and got ready for bed.



I think he had a great birthday. I just cannot believe that I have a 5 year old now, who will be starting preschool in January. He's growing up so fast and he is so smart! I love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...