Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Because of our Faith

We had a significant event happen to our family today. As some of you know Tom has 2 sister's, both of which have husbands who are police officers. Being a Police Officer is a hard job. There are many people who would like to injure or even murder them. Did you hear about the Police officer who was randomly shot while at a stop light!? No reason, just pulled up beside him and shot him. Usually I think, "that's horrible! I am so glad that I don't know that person," until today. Today my brother-in-law, who just welcomed Baby N 2 weeks ago was shot at while in pursuit of a vehicle. Fortunately he was not injured. But it was still very scary none-the-less. When she shot at him two rounds hit the driver's side window and mirror. If Rudy had been bent forward or traveled his car a little further the result would have been different.

Every night when we say family prayers we most always pray and ask for safety for our immediate family as well as our extended family. I have to wonder if this was because of our faith that his life was spared today? I have to wonder that because we are on a righteous path, that we live our life in harmony with the gospel, that we have our temple recommend that he wasn't injured? I guess we will never really know the depth our prayers have and how much Heavenly Father really does listen. I want to continue to be worthy enough for Heavenly Father to put his hand in my life because of my prayers and the faith I have.

I want to say how much I appreciate our serviceman that have fought and died for what we have. As the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 approaches in an hour I know that there was a new reality that hit every serviceman. I know that the call of duty was to their country. I know that because of this duty some serviceman will never see their families again. I know how hard it is to be a family member of a serviceman and I know that I am glad to be an American where at least I know I'm free!

1 comment:

  1. Very well put Chole. Could you imagine life without Police Officers? Or without Military? This world would be a lot scarier. I thank them everyday and maybe should remember them more often in my prayers. Glad to hear it turned out ok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...