Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Octopuses or Octopi?

On Saturday when we woke up earlier than everyone else.  Remember that Ohio is 3 hours ahead, so even though we woke up at 7:30am Arizona time, it was actually 10:30am Ohio time.  KK kept asking me why RC, his cousin, was such a sleepy head.  I laughed, because I know that KK and RC had been attached at the hips since we arrived.  I made cereal for breakfast for us. 

It was around lunch by the time the rest of the family woke up.  So we ate left-vers from dinner last night.  Grandma Ruth arrived and we helped to watch the kids while CC showered and got herself ready.  Once we were all ready we hopped into the cars and started driving to the Phoenix aquarium.

Phoenix is such a large city and it takes a while to get from one place to another and after traveling the day before and Mr H.'s mom is the kind of driver how is a lead foot and very heavy on the brakes, I was just wanted to be done driving.

 Do you see that sandstorm...or haboob, as Mr H. says!?

 The aquarium was inside a was so cool.  CC is just like me and tried to save money and she had some coupons for getting the children in for free and buy one get ones.  It costed Mr. H and I about $20 for him, me, KK, and G.  Yes, G was with us for the weekend.  I had mixed feelings about him being with us.  It was nice to see him and see how much taller and broader he has gotten, but at the same time I was afraid of him misbehaving.  But I sort of had to put it behind me and stay impartial and make the most of the trip.

At the aquarium there was a ton of things to look at, they even had a petting place where you could pet starfish and shrimp!  At first I didn't know if I should let KK touch any of it because he is allergic to Tuna and Cod fish, but the allergist said the stay away from all seafood because he can develop an allergy.  But he's been to the ocean and had a fine time...just as long as he is not eating it and I clean his hands off real good...right!? 

KK plunged his hand right into the water...RC was a little hesitant. 
 He LOVED chasing the shrimp...he would stick his finger out and chase them all over the pool.  It was so funny to watch him.  He could have stayed there all day!
There was this room full of fish that were swimming around in a circle and there was a section where you could stick your head through and see from the inside.
There was a little cubby where KK could look at the fish
 For some reason they wanted to put their arms in their shirts.  Do you see that huge fish on the left?
KK fell in love with this sea turtle.  He just sat there for a good 10 mins just watching it swim.

 KK was scared to even get close to those shark teeth so I had to drag him over to get a some-what decent picture of him
 This shark had scared KK too.  We walked through a tunnel that had 360 degrees of water around us.  It was pretty cool
 After we were done looking around the aquarium there was a playplace.  This is the newest nephew M.  He was born in November.

Before we left, KK saw a penny machine, where it smashes the coin and puts an image on it, and so we HAD to do costed a whopping 51 cents and well worth it. 

Once we got back out to the car, the car was covered in dust, from the haboob.  It getting pretty late and we were hungry so we stopped by McDonald's because I was craving a Hot n' Spicy because they do not sell them here in Ohio.  So we ate the food while we drove to where Mr H. used the race BMX, but no one was at the race track.  Which was a disappointment for Mr H. because he wan't to introduce me to his BMX "family".  Maybe next time!? 

It was really late by the time we got home and we were tuckered but we stayed up and tried to watch a comedy with CC and RC but Mr H. fell asleep and I decided that it was time to go to bed especially since we needed to wake up eary for church in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those Sea Turtle pictures. I love how gracefully they glide through the water. Looks like you guys had a blast!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...