Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quilting

So, most people know that I love crafts. I have recently gotten the courage to start quilting. Mr H’s mom picked my name for Christmas and gave me some really awesome things to get me started. To say that Mr H’s mom can quilt would be an understatement. She is so talented with the quilting she does. She made me a beautiful quilt when Mr H and I were dating (I don’t even think she made one for Mr H’s ex-wife…and they were married for 10 years!).

So I have most all the supplies that I need to get started. I brought KK with me to the fabric store and I let him choose 4 patterns of fabric and I was going to make him a blanket…he chose 4 and I made him a rag blanket. He loves it and the colors kind of match together. I like to shop in the remnants area. I found some fleece remnants and decided to get them but I didn’t know what to do. They were too small to make a blanket with…but if I cut them and sewed them together it could make a rather large blanket. So that’s what I did. And as I was deciding how to do the pattern KK would roll around on top of the squares. He kept telling me, “thank you for making this blanket for me”. Because pink is one of his favorite colors, he thought that this blanket was for him. It’s really not for anyone; it was just a blanket throw to do. KK keeps sneaking it into his room and gets upset when other people use it so I have, since then, put it away in a holiday tote to be brought out again next year close to Valentine’s Day.



1 comment:

  1. awwwwww! i love those pictures of caleb rolling around in the blanket!! how sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...