Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Attiude of Gratitude

I should be working on the Community paper, High acuity cinical concept map, and my teaching project.  But I wanted to take a little time to make a list of things that I am thankful for, because admist the chaos I have a lot to be thankful for.

My parents - As both my parents and myself have grown we have such an awesome connection.  They are so supportive of me and my education (10 + years-worth).  They love my son and I never have to worry when he is over there.  They are more understanding and more accepting of things than they used to be.  My mom makes the best apple pie.  My dad continually gets on the floor and plays with KK.  I don't remember either of my grandfather's rolling around on the ground with us grandkids, but my dad does.  And most of all he loves my mom, he's taught his children how a man should treat his wife, and in turn, us girls have tried to find men of equal quality as eternal companions.

My siblings - I love them all and they drive me nuts at the same time.  Growing up as the oldest of 6, in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house made for some crazy times.  We have so many inside jokes and crazy stories (Remember the time when...).  It's funny to get together and start talking about the kind of trouble we used to get into.  One day I'm going to write a book for the family detailing these funny moments...

JEM - She is the cutest niece that I have ever met.  She LOVES KK and calls him Day-Day.  She is so super smart.  She can say, juice, mama, dada, day-day, no, and a couple other words I can't think of.  She goes at her own pace...learning to roll over, crawl, and walk.  She is so happy.  I just wanna squeeze her all of the time. 

Friends - I can count on my one hand how many close friends I have had in my life.  I value the relationship that I have with people but rarely do people get to see the real me.  I hide a lot from people...I show them a facade, I have been burned too much and I don't trust people.  But there are a few people who have gotten to know me and love me for the wy I am.  I have met some of the coolest people, who have been able to get me out of my shell and start trusting people again.  You know who you are and I lov you for that

My home - When we married we moved from a 1 bedroom apartment with 4 people to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with a backyard.  We were so blessed and thankful about the circumstances which brought us to live here.  We love our little home.  It is perfect for our family right now. 

Mr H.'s job - without it we would not be able to pay bills.  My job only helps out a little, the majority of our oney comes from his job.  It'll be a good transition when I start working, then he will be able to focus on his schooling.

Food - we don't go to bed hungry and for that I am thankful

KK - I don't think words can express how much he means to me.  He has been with me through thick and thin...he has been my rock and the reason I woke up in the mornings.  He is the reason I am still persuing my education.  I love him so much he makes me laugh!  And he makes me realize that there is so much more I need to teach him while we are still here on earth.  A couple nights ago he was having a very hard time and he was very emotional (crying so much he couldn't breathe).  He was upset because he didn't want to move away for college.  I told him that he didn't have to move away that he could stay here and go to college.  I just held him and explained how college worked and then there was a knock on my door and my mom came over (she was dropping off dessert) and she helped to calm him.  Then, before bed he started crying again and worrying about dying.  He was upset about all of his fish and other animals that have died.  He was scared to be alone when he dies.  He worried about what would happen to him if I died.  We talked about heaven and Jesus and how he would never be alone.  I told him that when he gets to heaven he might have this huge house where all of his loved pets and family members are waiting for him.  He would be able to play video games and eat all of the ice cream he wants without getting a tummy ache.  Then he asked when I would die and I told him, "not until I'm really old!"  He looked puzzled and said, "but mom, old people don't like video games!"  We laughed and that made him calm down so that he could go to sleep.  I love that boy so much.

Mr H. - Have I ever mentioned how lucky I am to have him in my life?  He is a great man, husband, and father.  He treats me so good and makes me feel like a queen.  He buys me roses every so often, just because.  We enjoy the same kind of movies and he's always willing to watch a chick flick with me.  He still dates me, meaning that he still likes to plan out dates for us and keeps me guessing and makes me feel wanted.  I know that he will never be unfaithful to me.  And he loves my son. 

There are many more things to be thankful for but these are the top things am thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...